- root.sh log file : $GRID_HOME/cfgtoollogs/crsconfig/rootcrs_grac31.log
- Checkpoint File $GRID_HOME/u01/app/grid/Clusterware/ckptGridHA_grac31.xml
- Voting disks and OCR are re-discovered rerunning root.sh
- User created resources like database resources or service resources are rediscovered
- root.sh reconfigures OLR / OHASD ( files in /etc/rc.d/ /etc/init.d are recreated )
- Backup OCR / OLR before rerunning root.sh
- rootcrs.pl -deconfig -force -verbose -lastnode does not delete the +OCR DG
- If you need to cleanup your OCR DG you may need to use dd command to erase the +OCR disks ( see reference section )
OCR DG Rediscovery entries found in rootcrs_grac31.log
.. 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Oracle cluster name = grac3 2014-09-21 14:08:24: OCR locations = +OCR 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Validating OCR 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Retrieving OCR location used by previous installations .. 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Setting OCR locations in /etc/oracle/ocr.loc 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Validating OCR locations in /etc/oracle/ocr.loc 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Checking for existence of /etc/oracle/ocr.loc 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Backing up /etc/oracle/ocr.loc to /etc/oracle/ocr.loc.orig 2014-09-21 14:08:24: Setting ocr location +OCR 2014-09-21 14:09:06: Successfully created CRS resources for cluster and ASM > ACFS-9156: Detecting control device '/dev/asm/.asm_ctl_spec'. > 1. ONLINE 7b80e1bb28ec4f4bbf6a18c03ff342d4 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk1) [OCR] > 2. ONLINE 1b6a6a7846824fbfbf0578de9783e356 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk2) [OCR] > 3. ONLINE 708b556722554f1abfb791ddd1b78904 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk3) [OCR] 2014-09-21 14:11:12: Executing cmd: /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl stop resource ora.asm -init --> If root.sh detects a valid OCR Diskgroup the OCR and voting disk are reused.
Details about reruning root.sh when the OCR DG is still available
- Verify GPnP file profile.xml - Maintain a checkpoint file: CkptFile: /u01/app/grid/Clusterware/ckptGridHA_grac31.xml - Validating /etc/oracle/olr.loc file for OLR location /u01/app/11203/grid/cdata/grac31.olr - Reconfigure OLR / OHASD ( recreated files in /etc/rc.d/ /etc/init.d ) - Checkpoint:'ROOTCRS_INITRES' Recreate types ( like ora.haip.type, ora.gipc.type , ora.crs.type .. ) - Start CSS in exclusive mode and check status ( here existing voting disks get re-discovered ) /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl start resource ora.cssd -init -env CSSD_MODE=-X /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl check css .... > ## STATE File Universal Id File Name Disk group > -- ----- ----------------- --------- --------- > 1. ONLINE 7b80e1bb28ec4f4bbf6a18c03ff342d4 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk1) [OCR] > 2. ONLINE 1b6a6a7846824fbfbf0578de9783e356 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk2) [OCR] > 3. ONLINE 708b556722554f1abfb791ddd1b78904 (/dev/asm_ocr_1G_disk3) [OCR] - Starting CSS in clustered mode ,CRSD, EVMD and ASM /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl start resource ora.cssd -init .. /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl start resource ora.crsd -init /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl start resource ora.asm -init /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl start resource ora.evmd -init /u01/app/11203/grid/bin/crsctl check crs - Reconfigure Nodeapps and other resources PRKO-2188 : All the node applications already exist. They were not recreated. CLSGN-00143: Subdomain "grid3.example.com" already exists PRCS-1037 : Single Client Access Name VIPs already exist OC4J could not be created as it already exists PRCR-1086 : resource ora.cvu is already registered PRCC-1014 : scan1 was already running PRCR-1004 : Resource ora.scan1.vip is already running PRCR-1079 : Failed to start resource ora.scan1.vip CRS-5702: Resource 'ora.scan1.vip' is already running on 'grac31 --> Most of the resources are not re-registered the old resources are used !